The Liquor Barn offers one of the best wine selections in Denver!
From Alsace to Zinfandel, The Liquor Barn is your Denver wine store! Whether you’re looking for an elegant red to go with dinner, or an affordable white for 300 wedding guests, The Liquor Barn has everything you’ll need under one roof. We stock a variety of the most popular wines, as well as many unique and hard-to-find wines from Colorado and around the world.
Our Wines by Region:
Need suggestions for pairing food and wine? Here are a few tips to get you started:
- When it comes to pairing wine and food, start with what you know and grow from there. Trust your palate. Just like cooking, your taste and common sense is what matters.
- Experiment. When in doubt, try a new wine. Never stop exploring.
- The more willing you are to try new wines, the more opportunities you have to try a different pairing.
- Find links between the food and wine. Maybe it’s flavor: smoky mesquite-grilled Porterhouse with a smoky Shiraz, or sautéed wild mushrooms with earthy Barbera. But avoid color-coding or matching by varietal.
- Match the weight/texture/intensity first. Hearty preparations and heavily spiced foods, for instance, demand full-flavored, full-bodied wines.
- Acidic foods require high-acid wines (think red sauce pasta and Chianti). Sweet foods require richer, fruitier wines. A dry wine will taste too lean and acidic. Tannic wines work best with high-protein food (big red + steak, chocolate, and aged cheese).
- One old rule makes sense to follow- White wine goes before red, light before heavy, young before old. That’s not etched in stone, but your palate will adjust more easily.
- It’s your taste that matters, so serve what you think tastes good!
Here are some suggested pairings:
|Cabernet Sauvignon||Chardonnay||Merlot||Pinot Noir||Riesling||Sauvignon Blanc||Zinfandel|
Leg of Lamb
Red Wine Sauce
Lemon or Herb